Wealthy Affiliate and Elite Blog Academy are both great programs.
But, WA and EBA are very different and the best one for you depends on your ambition.
Wealthy Affiliate and Elite Blog Academy are programs that teach website building and online marketing.
Is your goal to get online to start making money as soon as possible?
Or, do you want to improve your existing blog and learn to sell your own products?
WA emphasizes affiliate marketing techniques while EBA focuses on creating your own products to sell.
If you are serious about creating a website or blog for Internet and affiliate marketing, you need the help and guidance of professionals.
Alternatively, you could learn how to do it all online for free.
There is a lot of free information online on how to build websites and market.
You can search Google until your fingers are numb, but following a reputable program is better.
Because a professional program will save you time and money.
On your own, you will be susceptible to scams and will waste time & money trying to put together a website and learn online marketing.
Don’t think you can be scammed? You will be if you continue Googling and piece-milling your website.
A great many Internet marketers are sharks and new website owners are their prey.
On your own, you will struggle and lose money buying useless coaching and information products.
I know because I did it.
Please spend that time and money learning from people who are successful online and really know how to teach you.
WA and EBA are both well-respected programs. They do not scam or pressure you. They do not share your email address or sell your information. They are reliable and reputable.
I have memberships with both and I like and appreciate both.
Allow me to provide a summary of each to help you decide which program is right for you.
A Quick Summary of Each Program
Wealthy Affiliate is best for niche Internet & affiliate marketing. WA provides training, website hosting, has an active community, and charges a monthly or yearly fee for membership.
WA members include a good balance of men & women.
- If you want to create a niche/review website (ex. small dog breed care), WA is probably your better choice.
- Wealthy Affiliate membership costs $49 per month or $359 per year.
- You can join WA anytime throughout the year, there is a FREE Starter Membership, and the first month is just $19 to give you ample time to try the program.
Elite Blog Academy is best for blogging & Internet marketing and learning to create and sell your own product(s). EBA provides training, has an active Facebook group, and charges a One-Time Fee for Lifetime Membership.
EBA members are overwhelmingly women, however, the male members are some of the most successful bloggers in the business.
- If you want to create a lifestyle blog (ex. home & family), EBA is probably your better choice.
- EBA costs $897 for a Lifetime Membership. (They will accept 3 payments of $350.00, but that increases the total cost to $1,050.)
- EBA’s enrollment period is open just once per year. This year, 2018, it is March 5th through March 9th.
Both WA and EBA have affiliate programs.
Here Are the Details
Wealthy Affiliate (Sign up for your Free Account)
WA is good for beginners, experienced bloggers/website owners, and seasoned Internet marketers.
- Free Premium Membership for 7 Days (No credit card required.)
- 1st Month $19 (Discounted from $49)
- $49 per Month or $359 per Year
Premium Membership Includes
- Self-paced training
- Website hosting for up to 25 websites with unique domain names (plus 25 subdomains)
- Access to Jaaxy keyword tool
- Active membership community
- Live Chat
- Live training every Friday
- Website tech support
Certification Courses (5 Levels)
- Getting Started
- Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website
- Making Money
- Mastering Social Engagement
- Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation
Affiliate Bootcamp (7 Phases)
- Getting Your Business Rolling
- Content Keywords and Conversions
- Giving Your Site Social Value
- Get Visual, Get Aesthetic, Get a Brand Through Media
- Knowing Your Audiences & Catapulting Your Referrals
- Bing, Yahoo, & The Power of PPC
- How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns
Elite Blog Academy (Get your free copy of The Blog Structure Blueprint)
EBA is best for people with some blogging/website experience. Or, those extremely proficient on the Internet.
You will need to have a self-hosted WordPress website.
- Lifetime Membership $897 One-time fee (or 3 payments of $350).
- Open enrollment just once per year (this year March 5-9, 2018).
- Self-paced training
- Active Facebook Group
- Access to Elite Blog Academy members
Getting Started (4 Modules)
- Refine Your Message
- Grow Your Traffic
- Monetize Your Platform
- Build Your Business
- EBA Bonus Material
- Class Roster
Pros and Cons
Wealthy Affiliate is a large platform with a lot of tools, reliable website hosting, and tech support, but it can be overwhelming for some.
The intent of the WA program is to teach you how to create a niche website (choose an interest), produce content, and learn to market it for affiliate sales.
With all of the information and tools available, it can be tough to stay focused on the training.
The WA community is very active and supportive. Also, there is live chat and access to the owners for help.
Some make the mistake of jumping headfirst into Affiliate Bootcamp and create “make money online” sites without real experience. For beginners, it is recommended to create a niche site first for best results.
Elite Blog Academy is a professional blogging course.
Looking at the programs as I have outlined them, you might be inclined to think EBA looks easier. I am here to tell you EBA is a lot of work. It is an intensive blogging program.
Each module within EBA contains detailed instruction designed to develop professional bloggers and marketers.
EBA students need to be self-starters that have already or can create and manage a self-hosted WordPress website.
Some make the mistake of designing their blog like other EBA members. Unfortunately, this causes many websites to look the same. It is better to use your own style for your blog to stand out from the crowd.
Why I Have Memberships in Both WA & EBA
I love Wealthy Affiliate. When I found it, WA was just what I was looking for. I had a blast working through the lessons, learned how to make money online, and made many friends in the community.
WA is great for website building and Internet marketing, but they do not teach traditional blogging. They do teach how to write blog posts, but they are mainly focused on posts to review products for affiliate marketing.
I joined Elite Blog Academy because it is a professional blogging course. I want to improve my blogging skills and focus on building this website.
What Is Your Ambition?
Both programs will help you become successful at what you want to achieve online.
By joining either one, you will meet other website owners to interact with and learn from. People that truly want to help you succeed.
If your goal is to earn money online, you need to have a presence online and build your business.
Find a program to help you build and grow. Get started today!
— BlogLiving.net (@bloglivingnet) February 22, 2018
Thank you for reading WA or EBA? What You Need to Know. Do you have experience with either of these programs? Please leave a comment below.